Call for Proposals: RoboCup@Home Domestic Standard Platform User Teams
The RoboCup Federation selected Toyota Human Support Robot (HSR) as the Domestic Standard Platform for RoboCup@Home.
The second RoboCup@Home Domestic Standard Platform League (RoboCup@Home DSPL) will be held at RoboCup 2018 Montreal.
We invite user teams that plan to participate in RoboCup 2018 Montreal to apply for Toyota HSR.
Up to 12 user teams will be selected. The HSR will be leased as a part of Joint Research. The Joint Researcher may need to bear annual cost sharing with amount of 1.2 million Japanese Yen approximately. Depending on the option of contract, annual cost may not be charged for one year. If the user team participates in RoboCup 2018 and meets certain conditions, the same option may be applied for another year. For detailed conditions, visit https://athome.robocup.org/hsr_condition18
1. How to obtain a Standard Platform
1.1 Proposal submission
Proposals should be sent to the Selection Committee as follows. The Proposals are evaluated through peer-review process.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [@Home-DSPL] (YourTeamName)
- Body: (Please fill in the following basic information)
- Team Name:
- Team leader name:
- Team leader’s contact information (E-mail):
- Link to a team web site:
- Proposal as an attachment file
1.2 Additional notes on Proposals
- The Proposal must be submitted in a pdf format
- The size of the Proposal is limited to 6MB
- A team can apply for only one platform. If identical Proposals are submitted to apply for both platforms, they are automatically rejected.
2. Deadline for Proposal submissions
Oct. 7, 2017 23:59 PST (closed)
3. Instructions for the Website
The information to be placed on the website should include the following:
- Team members
- Description of the approaches and information on scientific achievements
- Relevant publications (last 5 years, preferably with links for download)
- Relevant photos/videos that show the skills of the team
- Link to repositories with software for the community (optional)
- Previous participation in RoboCup (optional)
4. Instructions for the Proposal
The Proposal must be based on the official league Team Description Paper (TDP) template. It should be in a pdf format and must contain the following information:
- Description of the approach planned to be implemented on the robot
- List of externally available components that are planned to be implemented
- Open source software, web services, etc.
- Innovative technology and scientific contribution
- Focus of research/research interests
- Re-usability of the system for other research groups
- Applicability of the approach in the real world
The Proposal should go into detail about the technical and scientific approach, but the website should be designed for a broader audience.
The length of the Proposal is limited to 6 pages. Please use the same Springer LNAI format used in the RoboCup Symposium submissions. No change in margins, paragraphs and font size are allowed.
You may download the template from https://github.com/RoboCupAtHome/TDPTemplate.git
5. Evaluation criteria
The Proposals will be judged by the following criteria:
- Clarity, scientific contributions, re-usability by the league, applicability in real world
- Multimedia, publications from past 5 years, downloadable content, open-source software and other contributions
- Relevant scientific publications
- Open-source software
Please send any questions to: email@example.com
7. Important notes
- The suppliers are not allowed to sell, export, lease and/or ship their products to natural or legal persons and to entities and countries which are subject to international sanctions or prohibitions. Since Selection Committee cannot answer this issue, please ask the supplier directly. The contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Being selected as a user team does not mean that the team is qualified to participate in RoboCup 2018 Montreal. Team qualification will be separately conducted in February 2018.
- After selected as a Standard Platform user team, the team has to make an agreement with the supplier in compliance with the supplier’s instructions.
8. RoboCup@Home Standard Platform League Selection Committee
- Komei Sugiura
- Luca Iocchi
- Caleb Rascon
- Kai Chen
- Sven Wachsmuth